Friday, January 17, 2014

My Internet Usage

I really started using the internet often in the third grade, when a group of my friends and I found an online game tired "Poptropica". Poptropica is a two-dimmensional storyline game, where you learn new things and play fun levels while following a storyline for the separate "islands" of Poptropica.

Later on, my friend introduced me to a large social game called Nicktropolis, where you add stuff to your house, called your "room", and explore places added to the game while socializing with others. It was taken down in favor of a new game called "The Place", I believe. I never really cared to check it out, so I am probably be wrong.


Sometime during the fourth of fifth grade, the same friend introduced me to a new game called "Sploder". On Sploder, a user can customize their own avatar, which is a blocky head, and create games using 2D parts available to them. There are many game types, and it receives updates often. Last I checked, it was still in Beta.

While playing Sploder, I kept seeing ads for 3D virtual block games. Eventually, I decided to play one, because I was bored. I clicked on an ad for a game called "ROBLOX", and never looked back. I was hooked from day one. ROBLOX is a virtual building block game where the user builds their own games, socializes with other users, joins and creates groups, uses script to make things happen in-game, and a plethora of fun things to do. It is truly a massive multiplayer online game (MMOG). I would recommend it to anybody.

And recently, after watching YouTube video after YouTube video, I decided to play Minecraft. This was mostly because I wanted to know whether Minecraft or ROBLOX was better (This is an ongoing argument). I've decided that the two games are perfectly equal. Minecraft games come in four modes - Creative, where you have all the blocks immediately and can fly, Survival, where you have to collect parts and survive attacks by hostile creatures, Adventure, which is still in development, and Hardcore, which is Survival locked into Hard mode, where the player has only one life (The player usually has 10. These are shown as hearts, which go down as the player is injured). This is a pay-to-play game. Minecraft releases updates often, usually leaking "snapshots" before the update is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment