Monday, February 24, 2014

Blog Views

We have been asked today to review and write about our blog views. I have three methods of discovery, if you have not yet noticed - Flag Counter, FeedJit, and Blogger. I will review each of these in order.

Flag Counter is an application that I believe reviewed earlier which collects information on how many visitors have seen your website/blog, and what country (Not address, nor city. Don't worry. You can even try it out for yourself.) they came from, essentially "collecting" their flags and storing them on a chart or map. I've included screenshots from Flag Counter with this post.

The counter widget on my blog, as of 10:02.

The advanced settings.

FeedJit is another widget applied to my blog which keeps track of the 10 most recent visitors to my blog. It tells me how long ago they visited, and their city and state/country. There are advanced options that show what website they came from, where they went, and keeps a full log of visitors. I have included screenshots from FeedJit with this post.

The FeedJit widget on my blog, as of 10:07.

The advanced options, listed as "Real-Time View".

Blogger has its own viewer counter as well, which I set to ignore my own account. It shows me when people visited, where they left to find my blog, my total page views, and such. If I click on the "more" link, it will take me to a page that lists my most popular posts. I have included screenshots of this function in my post.

The main page of stats.

The second page, under "more".
Thanks for sticking with this post, even with the constant screenshot reminder that I had in each section. I do understand that you can see the pictures, but sometimes they are not within the view limit of the monitor and cannot be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment