Friday, February 28, 2014

Drawing Tools

Last class period we were instructed to explore a list of drawing tools on the main CE blog. Our assignment is to explain three drawing websites.

First, I would like to showcase Slimber. Slimber is a more professional drawing tool, which attracts many amazing artists. One of the best parts about Slimber is its unique video playback. If you click on the play button, it will revert to a white screen and show you a sped-up playback of the drawing being created, so you can study techniques. I did not create anything there, but I would highly recommend visiting it.

My second website showcase is another handy website called Pencil Madness. Pencil Madness allows to to create a drawing in a special screen with rather interesting pencil types. When you have completed your drawing, you can upload it to the online gallery for everybody to see. There is currently a contest running on Pencil Madness called "Doodle 4 Google", but I do not know the fine details. I did not draw anything using this either, at least nothing I bothered saving. I'm not very artistic.

My last website showcase is my personal favorite, and it is called Flame Painter. Flame Painter gives you an empty black screen, with a strange-looking mess of white for the cursor. Clicking on the background will paint with fire, which does not disappear. There are four option bars, as well as a color selector. Tip: If you drag all of the option bars to 100% and click and hold on the screen, the end product will look something like a galaxy or a distant star. I do have pictures of this website saved, and I actually have three I would like to share.

A nebula.

A bright, distant star.
A supercluster of either stars or galaxies.

If you can't tell, I really like space and space-oriented things.

No comments:

Post a Comment