Thursday, April 3, 2014

Photo Editors - PiZap

Sorry about all of my reserved posts. Sometimes I just can't finish in time, so I leave myself a reminder to finish it next class period. I suppose I could do it at home, but I'm sidetracking myself.

During the last two class periods, we were given a list of free photo editors to explore, and four of those were assigned to us to write a blog post around. The four websites listed were PiZap, Bloggif, PhotoFunia, and FotoFlexer. The only picture of a face that I currently have on this computer is Spock, so you can tell how interesting this will be. I will begin my review with PiZap Photo Editor.

PiZap is a website that I just now discovered to be independent from Facebook. I used to use it inside Facebook for small edits, so I knew my way around already. When you go to the website, a graphic interface will tell you to press the start button, and offer a few different selections. You can edit a photograph, create a collage, add backgrounds to transparent photos, use special effects with your webcam (I have not tested it, but I suppose it must be similar to the Nintendo DSi photo editors), as well as creating covers for your Facebook or Twitter account pages. When you choose to edit a picture, it will ask you to upload a photograph, take one from your Facebook account, or snap a webcam picture. You may then add stickers, text, frames, memes, and choose to paint on the image. Those other two bars at the top allow you to add a picture, or move a portion of an image to another image, commonly known as "photoshopping". I'll take a picture of the President, because why not.

Next, I'll take that aforementioned picture of Spock out of my pictures folder. I'll select the "Cut Out Tool" from the hot bar, and select the Spock picture. It asks me to color in the area I wish to carry over in green. That's not too hard. Now I click done, and reposition the "shopped" head.




And this is the result:


I also created two more, but I'll just show you the second one. The third is the mirror reality Spock, beard and all.



In the main paragraph body, you will notice that the words "the website" are actually a link that will take you to PiZap. I hope you enjoyed the cookies and milk whilst waiting for the post.

1/4

No comments:

Post a Comment